Monday, July 30, 2012

Manic Monday...

1. The Dark Knight was EPIC.  I am a huge movie nerd and don't say that lightly.  Go to see it.  In IMAX, if possible.  We tried Lux Level seating and, if you don't have it near you (we don't), drive to find it.  You literally press a button and a glass of wine and GOOD snacks magically appear before you.  The ONLY drawback is when/if your weird waiter stands in front of you and demands that you finish your last sip of wine before taking the glass during the climax of the movie.  Just do what I did and tell him to beat it and then leave a hefty tip.  No harm, no foul.

2. Olympics/Team USA: I am a BASKET CASE watching the coverage this time around. I don't know if its because: a. I'm older now and can feel my youth slipping away on a daily basis; b. am wildly envisioning my little nieces in leotards, rocking the uneven bars and/or in bathing suits taking synchronized dives off the 3m board or; c. if the footage of the parents tearing their hair out while their children perform is just more poignant than ever. 

Regardless, I'm a weird Team USA Super Fan who can't even sit next to poor JKL while watching b/c I violently flail my arms and alternate, on a minute-by-minute basis, between sobs and blood curdling cries of victory. 



3. Baby Style: This weekend I visited the lovely X Family who reside about an hour from JKL and I.  They have two little ones who are toe-headed cherubs and who have impeccable BABY PREP going on.  I LOOOVE it.  They both sport tiny popped collars and look like they were born in seersucker and grosgrain.  I can perfectly envision them in high school together, rocking the athletic field (while Auntie knocks out naysayers out on the sidelines) and working the HS hallways like a catwalk bringing preppy back (but realistically they might be poppin collars on their space suits by then).




4. I turn 33 this weekend and JKL has admitted that he will inevitably disappoint me on the gift/celebration front.  In fact, when I was comically running through my idea of how I thought the Thursday let down would go, he wholeheartedly agreed with me and said it'd probably be even worse than I imagined.  He's traveling all week so maybe I should just go and buy myself a gift for the sake of our marriage, right?  He'd probably end up thanking me for the kitchen full of gleaming stainless steel appliances sometime in the future...... Maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment