Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hypothetical Thursday..

Anyone who knows me really well knows that there’s very little I enjoy more than a GOOOOD hypo, discussed over a large goblet of vino, on the beach or by a pool (a combination of the three is my idea of what lays behind the pearly gates).  One of the hypos that is probably a favorite, since it keeps making Moses die years later is: What would your friend (a GOOD friend, like a bestie) have to do in order for you to have her committed (to a mental institution)?  My answer: Steal a baby.  Right?  I mean, that’s pretty egregious.  God, it still makes me smirk, just typing it out.  We had one hell of a group snicker on the beach in Block Island one year over that one. 

Unfortunately, today I’m not mulling over anything nearly as riotous.  Moreover, I’m wondering……. if you could have ONE PARTY thrown for you, for the rest of your life, with an unlimited budget, what type of shindig would it be?  Large, small, rocking house party, elegant dinner party, CLUB in NYC?  I have party brain as of late because I’m planning to throw one for JKL in September and there are SOOOO many fun options out there.  I think that, if it were ME, though, I want would want JKL to rent something along the lines of this…

The boat's name is PARTY GIRL.  For real.

...for a 24 hour party/ adventure on the high seas.  Hmm….after I wrote that I started envisioning a number of disastrous possibilities but, nonetheless, I think it would be AMAZING especially since our port of call would be something along the lines of this:

Monte Carlo


How ‘bout you, missy?

Since we’re on the topic of parties, I wanted to also share a few of my favorite pins on the subject.  These are all in the mental queue for whatever sort of affair I end up producing this fall…

Mason Jars filled with your fav cocktails


Preppy party favors

Who doesn't love a mini app??
X,

MAY

No comments:

Post a Comment