Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MAYmusings

Ummm....I have stage fright.  I guess I'll jump right in.  Today's musings....(side note: Mose wanted me to name my blog MAYmusings but I'm not sophisticated enough to change the title of my blog now that its been established and has a patent pending* so just PRETEND that's the name. mmkay)?

*kidding

1.      Weight.  I need to lose a lot of it for various reasons but, probably the most compelling one, is that JKL (my hubby) and I want to have some healthy progeny sooner rather than later.  I know that I probably COULD get pregnant and safely carry my fetus in this dumpy state but, who really wants to start off on the wrong foot?  I feel like my fetus might be embarrassed to be living its first 9 mos inside of a whale of a woman. He/she will feel like a, less frightened and more irritable, Pinocchio.  Can’t have that. My baby will have PLENTY of other reasons to be embarrassed by me (but mostly JKL) later in life. 



I can say with certainty that I’ve read around 85-90% of all reasonably popular diet books out there.  They all say the same thing...BLAH DON'T DRINK BLAH EAT LOTS OF FISH BLAH.  I wish I 'd realized that years ago and then I’d likely have more than $0 in my personal savings account.  This time around I think I will draw on my mental health library (I mean the library inside my head NOT, repeat NOT a repository for the ways in which one maintains one's mental health) and pick out the things that work for me and compile them into one plan, by MAY, for MAY.  Stay tuned for that gem.  The US Patent and Trademark Office sure is.


2.      My house.  I need to get that heap fancied up.  We recently refinanced and the bank is basically paying US to live there so, I need to settle in. Effing Pinterest has given me a complex regarding home decor.  Its makes me feel sad and inadequate for not being a consummate DIYer, poor for not having a pool with the facade of a tropical grotto  and MAD at JKL for not allowing me to make my renos a reality.  Anyone with me on this??

                                                             This is our pool.  Nice, huh?


SO, what am I doing, aside from whiny writing, about the aforementioned issues?  Glad you asked.  I have started waking up at 6:15am to do a 30 minute circuit training workout with my arch-nemesis Jillian Michaels.  She sucks.  Everything about her bothers me…..except her bod…

I have also started using an app called “Lose It”.  Its nice.  Kinda like Weight Watchers online except its $1.99 as opposed to 57$/month or whatever WW is now. I think Pidgeon may have told me about it 2 years ago and I, not yet having reached morbid obesity , defiantly ignored the recommendation.  My future baby and I are both sorry, pidg. 

So, I guess we’ll see what happens.  My goals aren’t very lofty so, if I don’t meet them within the next 3-6 months, feel free to mock me ruthlessly.  I just want to get back to wedding size.  That wasn’t even small---believe me--BUT I recall that the summer before my wedding I felt ok about myself, could still fit into most articles of clothing that I liked and had some muscle tone. That should set me up REAL NICE to gestate (is that even a real verb?) JKL Jr. 




As far as Mi Casa goes…...eh, we’ll tackle that another day.  I need to go and figure out if typing this crap burned any cals via Lose It.



X,

MAY

No comments:

Post a Comment