Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I'm......


1.       Reading.   I am reading the WORST book right now.  Its totally my fault because I knew that it would be bad but I bought it anyway.  I Can Make You Hot: The Supermodel Diet by Kelly Killoren Bensimon (former real housewife of NYC and former model) is an asinine attempt at a lifestyle/health book.  Its a thinly disguised effort to mimic Bethenney Frankel’s Naturally Skinny books (which I liked).  A few of her classic tidbits that I’ll take to my grave include: 1. avoid eating toilet paper in order to make yourself full; it doesn’t work; 2. don’t eat a big meal after you go into labor b/c you might vomit (and that’s not hot); and 3. don’t eat a bagel before a horse jumping competition.   

Wait…maybe Gwyneth Paltrow* was her ghost-writer??  I feel like this SAME advice was on GOOP a few weeks back…snicker..  Anyways, all of it is completely absurd, un-helpful and as schizophrenic as she used to come across on the show. 

On a more positive note, I just finished an AWESOME book that is actually going to be made into a movie and produced by Reese Witherspoon (one of my favsie celebs; how cute does she look preggie, btw?).  GoneGirl by Gillian Flynn is a pretty dark mystery/thriller with a few great plot twists.  I liked it so much that I went to dinner and then to brunch the following morning with JKL a few weekends ago and read it on my iphone throughout BOTH meals.  He was so happy for me that I found such an engaging story-NOT.

A lighter beach read is Most Talkative: Stories from the front lines of pop culture by Andy Cohen (the BRAVO exec who created the Real Housewives franchise).  I want to be friends with Andy-BAD.  He might even be on my top five list of celebs I’d like to drink white wine with (www).   The book made me cry laughing a few times and is completely ridiculous without being trashy. Most importantly, its NOT all about the Housewives but about his impressive life/career up to the present. 

2.       Looking Forward to….  In nine days and counting, we will be heading up to Maine for a long weekend with my lady friends and a few hubbies.  I can’t freaking wait.  We’re staying at the Tides Beach Club which looks SOOOO cute and nice.  They even have a couple of rooms designed by Jonathan Adler, who is apparently COOL in design circles.  JKL is taking me to Earth at Hidden Pond for my bday dinner (I’m turning 33 next week……dry heave) and I’ve already been stalking the menu and agonizing over the fact the I don’t have any NICE mumu’s to wear to dinner.  Ideally, I’d like to sport something along the lines of the ensemble featured below but.....we’ll see what happens..

via pinterest

3.      Lusting.  Due to the above-referenced bday, I have been spending an even greater amount of time that I normally do surfing the net and pinning my dream presents.   I’m the least decisive person on the planet so this process is causing me an amount of stress that hovers around the edges of mania.  Ultimately, what I think I want above all else is to make some strides towards this….

via pinterest

        
Its all in JKL’s hands now.  Poor guy.  I’m going to get an angry phone call t-minus 30 seconds after this post telling me to make up my mind or to get a grip or that he’s leaving me…

X,

MAY

* also on my top 5 celebs I’d like to drink www.

No comments:

Post a Comment