Thursday, August 16, 2012

Planing a Dinner Party

…is fun.  I’m going to get a few of JKL’s nearest and dearest together for his bday at the end of Sept at a restaurant.  We're going to have it locally to minimize the annoyance for the drivers.  It'll either be at a little Mediterranean restaurant or at a loungy Italian place.

I think that bringing a group out to dinner can be stressful if 1. you’re paying; and 2. you have no control.  I have decided to alleviate both factors by deciding that its my treat BUT I will control the menu and bev options so that I’m not going to get a nasty surprise at the end of the evening.  I also have crunched some numbers and believe that I'm not being extravagant by doing this at a restaurant as opposed to at home b/c I would basically want to redecorate/renovate my entire house before having a fiesta there so…........money in the bank.  Anywho, here are my menu ideas for each venue. 

1. Mediterranean Place
Apps: Family style Mezza Platters, Chicken Provencal Wings
Salad: Greek Salad served family style
Entrees: Scallops or Short Ribs
Dessert: Assorted
Wines: Rioja and Malbec


2. Italian Place
Apps: Family style Antipasto platters, Crunchy Meatballs
Salad: la Familga Salad served family style
Entrees: Family style servings of Tagliatelle Bolognese, Mushroom Ravioli and Veal/Chicken with Lemon and Mushrooms
Dessert: Creme Brulee or Tiramisu
Wines: Sauv Blanc or Cabernet

I’m leaning towards Option #1, myself.  I think it'll be a little cozier and the menu is different. 

Last, I think I need to be prepared for the inevitable “Now what?” after dinner’s over so that leaves bar or back to the house.  I’m thinking back to the house where I’ll have a 30 pack of Bud Light, a few bottles of wine and a playlist ready to go.  Some of the tunes I'm currently loving are:

She Doesn’t Mind, Sean Paul
Just Say Yes,  Snow Patrol
Its Time, Imagine Dragons
Whistle, Flo Rida
Some Nights,  Fun
Runaways, The Killers
Anna Sun, Walk the Moon
One Thing, One Direction

Mazel,

MAY

No comments:

Post a Comment