Monday, August 13, 2012

A few reviews to start the week..


So, this past Sat night I was snuggling in my bed and getting crumbs all over my new down comforter at a VERY early hour when I happened upon The Bachelorette On Demand.  It starred Kirstin Dunst, Isla Fisher, Lizzy Kaplan and some dudes and looked like it might be funny so I gave it a whirl.  My impressions were confusing.  The movie was raunchy-ok, I expected that.  There were a lot of drugs (bad ones) being used-I don’t appreciate bad drug humor.  The lady friends in the movie called themselves the “B FACES”…I mean, I enjoy a group moniker as much as the next guy but, really?  I cried at the end—DID NOT EXPECT THAT.  All in all-I give it a “Watch It” rating but, with the caveat that you should watch it ALONE b/c you won’t be judged in case you like it. 

On the literature front, I was reading People this weekend and in the Books section it gave a few recommendations for “If You Liked Fifty Shades…”.  I’m not going to say that I LIKED Fifty Shades but it was nice to have on our winter vacation….enough said.  I looked up the recommendations and, since I’m a fairy tale geek, I downloaded one called “Claiming Sleeping Beauty” without first sampling.  ALERT. ALERT.  STEER CLEAR FOR YOUR OWN MENTAL HEALTH.  The book makes Fifty Shades seem G-rated.  It messed with my moral sensibilities so hard that I got really mad at it, and myself, and would have lit it on fire if I hadn’t been reading on my phone.  BADNESS.  I can’t even be specific, its THAT BAD (in an evil and twisted way, the writing is decent). I am not including a link because I don’t want any of you subjected to that brand of crazy.

 Finally, last night we topped off the weekend with the Closing Ceremonies.  LOVED.  The Brits are such good entertainers and the shots of Harry and Kate rocking out were great.  Caveat: An end portion of the ceremonies focused on the transition from Great Britain to Brazil as the Olympic host nation and….well……I hope Rio can make some entertainment magic happen in four years time b/c I was nearly crying with boredom.  I really think that they should just give up an artistry and have a bunch of their model/plastic surgeons prance the stadium in their bathing suits giving surprise Botox treatments to the crowd.  That’s just MAY though…

 P.S. I love the Spice Girls-STILL.


Later,

MAY

No comments:

Post a Comment