Friday, August 3, 2012

Trendy vs Classic

I constantly struggle with this.  I love love love trends.  The newest and shiniest thing on the sheld ALWAYS dazzles me. I live in the here and now and want instant gratification ALWAYS.  That's why my gift shopping last night was so tumultuous.  Here's what it boiled down to:


 VS
What did I pick?  NEITHER.  I think I am growing up.  The Yurman ring was SO pretty on (I liked a stone that was a grey/blue) but in 10 years will I still like it?  Will it still be in style?  Who knows.  The band is so classic and was a great choice accept that they were trying to play us for fools on the price.  JKL would have folded because he wanted to make me happy and go have a drink but I stood strong and took my business elsewhere.  So, now I will be getting the band in roughly the same style as shown above but its going to be for a fair price delivered by a trusted family friend.  That's called growing up people!  Anyways, this all got me to thinking about other things that have blinded me with lust recently and their classic counterparts:



VS



VS



Sigh....wish I had tough decisions like this to make more often.









No comments:

Post a Comment